- Lobesity scientists have created a monoclonal antibody (mAb) that binds GIP
- It is designed to prevent GIP from exerting its normal biological effects
- The use of monoclonal antibodies in medical treatment is increasing because antibodies are generally very specific and very safe
- The Anti-GIP mAb is very specific and does not bind to anything else
- The antibody has been “humanized” and is a very potent antagonist of GIP
- Just like ANTGIP and the mouse lacking GIP action, blood insulin levels are markedly reduced (by 70%) by the Anti-GIP mAb, with little effect on glucose
Anti-GIP Monoclonal Antibody
© 2018 · Lobesity LLC All Rights Reserved.